2021 Acura TLX Trim Levels
Standard Trim Level of the 2021 Acura TLX
First in the lineup is the standard TLX trim. This roadster has Acura’s best qualities wrapped into one original base, and the name says it all: This trim level comes with all the standard features. When you take off in the 2021 Acura TLX, you know just what to expect.
Some of these systems include…
- Turbo 2.0L 4-cylinder engine: A robust aluminum-alloy engine that boasts 272 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque.
- 10-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters: Ensures smooth and steady gear shift changes.
- Front-wheel drive: Highly benefits traction because of its position beneath the engine. It also optimizes gas mileage due to the lighter weight of the drivetrain.
To begin, let’s talk about the powertrain. This configuration comes standard with the aforementioned 2.0L I-4 engine capable of producing 272 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque. This is paired with front-wheel drive and a 10-speed automatic transmission to make your driving experience a breeze.
If you want to upgrade, there are available options to equip your Acura TLX with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®). Sporty and efficient, this system encourages high-performance handling while simultaneously providing the same advantages that come with conventional all-wheel drive.
There’s a variety of driver-assistive tech that comes standard with this trim, as well. Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, for instance, automatically adjusts your vehicle’s cruise control speed to go with the flow of highway traffic, even if it’s moving slow. Using other features like Road Departure Mitigation, Traffic Jam Assist, Lane Keeping Assist System, and more, the base TLX helps keep you safe behind the wheel.
Acura TLX Technology Package: Upgraded Smart Safety Features
If you liked everything on the base trim, you’ll love what the 2021 Acura TLX Technology Package has to offer.
Its smart safety systems combine high-quality design with futuristic upgrades. In addition to everything that comes with the standard trim level, you’ll get features like:
- Blind spot information (BSI) system
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Acura Navigation System with 3D View
- AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with Street and Freeway Conditions
- Traffic Rerouting™
- ELS STUDIO® Premium Audio System
Each of these features is developed to optimize your safety or entertainment. For example, the BSI system alerts you to other vehicles that you may not see in your side blind spots, so you can merge or change lanes more safely in well-traveled areas. Feel in control, no matter what.
While security is important, that’s not all the Technology Package brings to the table. The audio system increases its speakers from 10 to 13, giving you more of a surround-sound experience.
A-Spec Trim Level: Maximum Sportiness
Next in the queue is the A-Spec trim level, a beautiful edition that’s proud to showcase its elaborate design. It comes with a multitude of aesthetic upgrades for your 2021 Acura TLX, with the added benefit of everything in the Technology Package. If you like to make an entrance, this trim is the way to go.
A sleek and sporty exterior means facing the road with complete confidence, no matter where you’re headed. Some of these stylish bonuses include:
- Gloss black decklid spoiler and lower rear bumper trim
- LED fog lights
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel
- Sport seats with perforated Milano premium leather and Ultrasuede®-trimmed interior with contrast stitching and piping
When you drive the A-Spec trim level, everyone can see you coming, but its style isn’t exclusive to the exterior; when you climb inside, the available red and black gauges and red accent lighting immediately set the tone.
Additionally, the plush driver’s seat has a 12-way power-adjustable feature, as well as power lumbar support. Excess space is made by using the 60/40 split-folding rear seatbacks, so you’ll have room for everything you need. Never feel uncomfortable on the road again!
Acura TLX Advance Package: Everything but the Kitchen Sink
Next, we have the 2021 Acura TLX Advance Package. Hold onto your hats—it is truly a powerhouse. This package includes many of the features from the other trims, but it also comes with a few additions of its own, such as…
- Adaptive Damper System: This system adjusts suspension stiffness in seconds. This works to better handling and create the smoothest possible ride.
- Front 16-way power seats: Comes with power lumbar support, power thigh extension, and power side bolsters.
- 10.5-inch head-up display (HUD): Designed to improve safety and convenience by detailing important information about the road and your vehicle in your line of sight.
- LED puddle lights: A bright and handy light located on the side mirrors to help you avoid making a misstep at night.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers and windshield wiper de-icer: Rain-sensing wipers use an optical sensor to detect the amount of moisture on the windshield and set wiper speed accordingly. The de-icer is designed to prevent wipers from freezing to the windshield.
You can also take advantage of the assortment of tech perks, like the 10.5-inch HUD. This incredibly futuristic feature will help keep you in touch with everything going on outside of the car while you’re driving. Even with your hands on the wheel, you’ll have the world at your fingertips.
Don’t forget about comfort! The interior of the 2021 Acura TLX will ensure you stay cozy during the wintertime. Defrost after clearing snow off your car with a heated steering wheel and heated seats.
The chill won’t last long after you set foot inside! With upgrades to everything including the windshield wipers, weather inconvenience is a thing of the past. In rain or shine, you’re guaranteed to stay comfortable on the road with the Advance Package.
Acura TLX Type S Trim: Precision Crafted Performance
The fifth trim in the lineup is a resurgence of the Type S trim. Newly enhanced features join its rich heritage and culminate in a more powerful-than-ever performance, coming to drivers like you.
When you sit behind the wheel of the TLX Type S trim, you’ll feel the difference. Boasting a 3.0L Turbo V6 engine, enjoy a robust 355 horsepower and 354 lb-ft of torque. Combined with the rear-based Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®), you’ll experience pure athleticism as you cruise.
Acura TLX Type S Performance Wheel & Tire: Next level
Last but certainly not least, we have the Acura TLX Type S Performance Wheel and Tire addition. Like its sister trim, this one heralds in a new age of the Acura high-performance line. With boosted strength, adaptive dampers, and more, your drive will be more streamlined with excellent handling.
With the Type S Performance Wheel and Tire package, you can enjoy a new standard for improved traction and driver engagement. It comes with sleek, 20-inch Shark Gray lightweight Y-spoke wheels, as well as P255/35 R20 high-performance Pirelli P-Zero summer tires.
If strength and style are what you’re looking for, this could be the trim package you’ve been waiting for.